Vauxhall Corsa smell

Hi,

After a few minutes warm up my wife's 03 petrol Corsa gives off a smell something like pickle that goes on curry, if you know what I mean. Not a bacterial smell and the car hasn't got aircon. I think something like water/antifreeze is seeping onto the exhaust manifold perhaps and getting inside the car...?? Even so, no loss of water evident. Any ideas? (and no, we haven't eaten a takeaway in it!)

Richard

Reply to
G4ICP

have you sniffed the screen washer fluid ? it might be that as that goes slimey & skanky after a while.

Reply to
reg

Thanks for this!

Reply to
Richard

Possibly a tiny leak of antifreeze in the heater rad. just enough to give a smell

Reply to
MrCheerful

Thanks for the response!

Reply to
Richard

My wifes Corsa had a horrid stink a little while ago, much worse outside than inside.

Turned out that the exhaust pipe, which comes down the front of the engine before the pipe then runs back, had got a plastic bag stuck to it. and this was slowly melting / burning, giving off the smell.

The pipe seems vulnerable to this, because it is right at the front, and quite low.

I scraped all the plastic off, and no more smell.

A freak perhaps, but the design seemed to make this more likely.

MW

Reply to
mike whiskey