Vectra 1.8 2003 C O2 sensor

Sorry, still doing battle with this...

He has now has two sensors, both producing P0130 pending fault codes, but as near I have been able to determine from him - no permanent codes.

On the bench I have tested the output of the one which is not presently installed - just a propane torch heating it up and measuring the voltage output. It shows 0.5 -is at peak.

Then I read there is more than type of O2 sensor :-(

Zirconia with an output of 0.1 to 0.9v

and Titanium with either a 0.1 to 0.9v or 0 to 5v output.

Could anyone confirm which type it should be please?

Today I helped check the O2 loom continuity from sensor to the ECU, which was OK.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Duncan Wood

Thanks, a bit of digging in that site suggest it is a Zirconia type.

It second test today of the same sensor on the bench, suggests its output is now way down - only rising to around 0.009v.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Was that a blow torch test?

Reply to
Peter Hill

Yes, I can't think of the name, but one of those Benzomatics using a yellow gas tank.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield