Vectra, EML & juddering on deccelaration

Vectra 1.8, 2000 reg, 16 valve,

intermittent fault juddering badly on deccelaration and feels like it is going to cut out a light flashing on occasionally (engine management presumably) garage seem to be struggling to diagnose

Any ideas?

I'd be grateful for any suggestions I can pass on to the owner.

Reply to
nigel nailhead

Possible ECT connector fault, there is a kit of bits to fix this fault from vauxhall.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks for the suggestions, but ...

I gather it is only happening when foot is taken off the accelerator at about 70 MPH (and only sometimes).

Surely a connector fault would show up more or less at random?

Reply to
nigel nailhead

it is a bit too vague really, let it develop a bit.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Yes I suppose that is all she can do - that and check on her breakdown cover.

Reply to
nigel nailhead