VOLVO problems

both hubby and I have volvo problems and wonder if anyone else has come across these?

first 760 estate with worsening vibration through body, he has tried various cures but to no avail? any suggestions welcome

second 460 cd 2ltr, running too hot despite new thermostat, new sensor, anti freeze check, etc help

-- Thanks

Karen

Reply to
karen bellis

You might want to tell us what "various cures" means? Have you tried other cure?

please?

Reply to
Robert R News

Like what? Where do we start?

What leads you suppose it's running too hot? Is it boiling, does the needle go up too high or what? Maybe you're not running hot, just think you are? We need more info.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

Vibration might be propshaft.

Overheating might be blocked radiator.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

snip

Not sure about the 2 litre but the 1.7s had a habit of blowing radiator hoses - as I recall you'll be lucky to avoid warping the head (the memory is still painful). Are you losing coolant?

Jon

Reply to
MVT

Reply to
Ivor Problem

If the 760 uses the same propshaft arrangement as the 740, it could well be the rubber cush used on the gearbox flange to connect to the propshaft. They do wear and start splitting after a good while. I know nothing about the 400 series though.

Stuart

Reply to
Stuart Gray