Oil change.

National outfit. Family Rover 200 series in for oil change and filter. Call to collect car and the guy says to check the oil filter in a day or two as,"the lad had a bit of a struggle putting it on". Arrive home and there is oil under the car. Lift bonnet and find expansion tank cap is missing. (They weren't asked to do anything other than oil change). Take car back and they drain oil and remove filter- with difficulty. It eventually comes off with the threaded spigot attached-jammed on. Incorrect filter and cross threaded. They sent out to the Rover agent and bought a new tank cap and the proper filter though. I said I'd never crawl around under cars again but the only way of ensuring the job's done properly is to do it yourself. Always been so. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Anything that starts with "The lad..." = The Words of Doom.

I know we all have to start somewhere, but...

Si

Reply to
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot

Good job done 10 mins and £11 lighter.

Simon

Reply to
simon

That was their way of saying 'we've broken it' lol.

Reply to
Peter