Wanted: Supplier of Lucas alternator fan/pulley

Good People,

I have fitted a brand new Lucas alternator I had knocking around to my Herald. Unfortunately, it doesn't have its fan, pulley or nut - because I robbed them ages ago for another car.

Many reconditioned alternators come with these - and by the looks of them new ones. However, the few suppliers I have found charge a bomb: a tenner each for the fan and the pulley. Since recondistioned alternators (ACR17) are generally only about =A335, I presume that the reconditioners have cheaper suppliers ...

Anyone know who these might be?

Ian

Reply to
Ian

Generally the pile of old ones in the corner.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Well, that's an obvious solution, but as I said all the recon alternators I have seen seem to have new - or good-as-new - fans and pulleys on 'em.

Ian

Reply to
Ian

I have fitted a brand new Lucas alternator I had knocking around to my Herald. Unfortunately, it doesn't have its fan, pulley or nut - because I robbed them ages ago for another car.

Many reconditioned alternators come with these - and by the looks of them new ones. However, the few suppliers I have found charge a bomb: a tenner each for the fan and the pulley. Since recondistioned alternators (ACR17) are generally only about £35, I presume that the reconditioners have cheaper suppliers ...

Anyone know who these might be?

Ian

which part of the country are you in?

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Scotland, but I get around a bit, and I'm happy to pay (modest) postage.

Ian

Reply to
Ian