was wondering...

Hi,

Was wondering if you had anything further on this? I recently took ownership of my brothers Fiesta 1.1 (1995), 73000 miles and it drinks oil like no tomorrow (almost 3 litres a month).

I checked for leaks initially with paper under the engine overnight etc. which turned up a blank and she doesn't seem to burn it (no plumes of smoke on gear changes, revving, hard acceleration etc.), so I was wondering if you had accidently run across my problem.

Did you find out anything further? Have you changed any parts? And do you have any idea how much oil your's in burning?

Help appreciated. Feel free to email me for more information - deejayc_NOSPAM snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com (obviously, removing the _NOSPAM_ bit :) )

Chris

Reply to
Anonymous

The catalytic converter will burn up the oil (when hot), so you won't see it. However, before the cat has warmed up it will smoke, have a look for that. Typical consumption up to a litre per thousand miles would not be unusual.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

doesn't seem to burn it (no plumes of smoke on gear changes, revving, hard acceleration etc.), so I was wondering if you had accidently run across my problem.

I'd confirm that by getting somone to follow you, when the engine's hot. Decelerate down a long steep hill then clog it away at the bottom. Puff of smoke there will confirm where the oil is going. DaveK.

Reply to
davek