Water leak on Mondeo 2001 door

Hi, with all this rain I have noticed a puddle of water near the drivers door kick plate. Its on the inside of the door, the puddle is on the plastic trim which borders the carpet. I can't see a leak around the weather strapping, could it be coming in from behind the trim? It does feel wet at the base of the trim nearest the footwell.

Thanks.

Jim

Reply to
J1m

blocked rain channel in the sunroof

Reply to
dojj

No sunroof!!

Reply to
J1m

driven through a puddle and it's come in through the pedal apertures? did in my uncles fiesta

Reply to
dojj

Mine does something similar - but only when parked (as usual) facing slightly downhill. I think the water is trickling into the door aperture then pooling at the lowest point (top of sill at the front). If it's left for long enough, then this overflows onto the inner sill trim panel then down onto the carpet.

Something that *may* be related which I wonder if anyone else has experienced is a slight wind noise from the driver's door at speeds of above about 60 mph - I can't see anything obvious and it's a bit difficult trying to locate the exact source whilst driving!

Reply to
Jonathan