Mondeo diesel..starting problems

have a 18 td Mondeo.....R reg.. has become a bastard to start all of a sudden,but once started will start all day long no problem.. Was wondering whether the glow plugs need changing and if so is there a special tool to reach them as they are tucked away and are quite awkard to get to....

Cheers in advance

Almost certainly glow plugs, the genuine glow plugs have been modified from original, about 60 pounds for 4 genuine ford. They are awkward to reach, I use a flexible socket drive. There is no need to replace all at the same time, test each one for current draw without even removing them. Replace the ones that draw no current.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

thanks alot Mr C,for the quick reply,i'll have to get some now the bad weather is on its way...

thanks again

. There is no need to replace all at the same

Any tips for best way to do this?

Reply to
Tom Burton

Well I use a DC current clamp but a cheaper solution is to disconnect them all & then connect a 12V Headlamp bulb between each one & +12V, it's pretty obvious which ones unhappy.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

all & then connect a 12V Headlamp bulb between each one & +12V, it's pretty obvious which ones unhappy.

Cheers

Reply to
Tom Burton