Water Pump

Is £60 labour costs to fit a water pump in a Fiat a rip off?

Reply to
Gerry

I know Fiats have a tendency to leak but fitting a pump isn't really the best solution...

Reply to
Scott M

I won't pretend to know anything about the workings of cars. I took it in the garage, they said it needs a new water pump, there's a big puddle on the floor every day. They said £60 plus the cost of the pump. Are you saying I might not need this pump replacing? It is an old car and if there's another way I'm more than interested. Thanks for your reply

Reply to
Gerry

Depends which model/engine FIAT, some water pumps are only accesible by removing the timing belt etc. Can you be more specific regarding model/engine ?

Reply to
Tony Bond

Sorry, it was a joke. My posit was that since Fiats are prone to letting water in, then a bilge pump to get it back out again was a bit of overkill. :-)

Reply to
Scott M

Never mind, I got your joke Scott.

Reply to
Grunff

Depends how hard it is to get to. On a Rover 420 you have to undo=20 engine mounts and pratt about lifting the engine up and down and work=20 in a 2" space.

--=20 Conor

Hi. This is my friend, Jack Shit, and you don't know him.

Reply to
Conor

How really safe are coolants with silicates in? Are they intended to wear out pump seals to sell more pumps?

Reply to
Brian Sandle