kia clarus

please don't laugh it's not mine....

2.0 i pulling back under pressure we've changed all electrics but to no avail ,could it be anything to do with petrol.it won't even rev above 3500rpm now.it is a 2000 reg car.any advice on the problem would be a appreciated.thanx
Reply to
boo

If it wont rev under load and stutters / spits back, or fades out under load- go straight to fuel supply- line pressure and flow rate- a blocked filter is the obvious candidate.

If it wont rev much in neutral and hits a brick wall at certain revs everytime, wont go on a wide throttle, but will accelorate past those rpms down hill or very gently then head straight to a blocked exhaust- catalyst collapse etc. Pull out the o2 sensor and go for a short spin to see if its any better will confirm the blocked exhaust.

This is a simple mechanical fault so why did you bother messing with the electrics??

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

TBH, and awful lot of these complaints on the Ford Zetec 2.0 engine point towards faulty plugs or plug leads.

Replace them and see what happens.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

The OP doesnt mention any mis-firing, or at least I didnt read it that way...

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

When the leads went on my Mondeo (just after I bought it), the problem would sometimes manifest itself as a misfire, but occasionally it just wouldn't go past ~4.5k rpm.

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

- there's a phone number to call on there to speak to the engineering team. Might be worth a shot?

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon

If they're anything like the Ford lot - good luck.

After 40 minutes of "On Hold", I spoke to the monkey at the other end...

"Any known problems with the Zetec 2.0 in the Mondeo misfiring & hesitating at high revs?"

"Never heard of it mate".

The fact is, that a misfire & hesitation at high revs on the Zetec 2.0 engine is a very common problem, common enough for everyone else to know about it!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

I'm thinking about buying a Sedona. I phoned them :)

Asked if there was anything to be wary of.

  1. Expect it to get thru brake pads as quickly as 10k miles - it's a heavy old beast.
  2. Must use right grade of oil in the newer CRDi
  3. Tyre wear is quite quick on them coz of the weight - so keep the pressures right.
  4. V6's can get quite noisy mecahnically - nothing to worry about - but does happen.

Other than that - not a lot.

They admit the interior plastics are a bit "weak" but reckon they survive Ok on the whole.

I was quite impressed by the honesty.

Can't speak from a "I've got one and it's totally f**ked and I've tried everything including......" front - but this bodes well so far :)

Cheers Dan.

Reply to
Dan delaMare-Lyon