WAX through the winter

Can anyone recommend a good long lasting wax to use throughout the winter? TIA

Reply to
Avanti

you'll be lucky....don't believe any of the hype from any of the polish manufacturers.

I've used just about every product on the market over the years. I use a decent quality polish, give the roof and bonnet in particular 2 coats as they're the panels that water etc 'sit' on.

Wash the car fairly regularly to get the crap off and then apply a quick polish to roof and bonnet again, it's the only way to keep the protection up.

You'll know when it needs re-doing, rain will sit on flat panels in large globules instead of tiny beads.

Hope it helps

Rick

Reply to
richard.ingall

Since March I wash the car by hand weekly, however now that the cold frosty days are coming, I suspect it will be harder to apply the wax or even chamois, just cleaned the car and my fingers were freezing, come Jan and Feb just cannot see me being able to apply any tlc to the vehicle :-(

Reply to
Avanti

Finnegan's.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Try Anusol boy.

Kirk Johnson - Stretchin it wide since 1977.

***se-pwned.jpg

Reply to
Kirk Johnson

They're all pretty good and should do 6 months.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Sorry Kirk , but the description of the cream suggests you use it often, I would imagine it would be costly to cover the car with it, besides I would be too embarrased to purchase any amount, would prefer to use dedicated car wax, I was only asking as I would suspect wax is difficult to apply in winter temperatures so would wax the car less when indeed I would want to wax it more often.

Reply to
Avanti

From experience, I find it lasts about 2 months at a push.

Reply to
Avanti

Anusol is very easy too apply in all conditions, even comes with a spout

Kirk Johnson - Stretchin it wide since 1977.

***se-pwned.jpg

Reply to
Kirk Johnson

Used to run a red classic Citroen, I found the best wax was Mer, which lasted the winter. A good wax about now would last till Feb as long as I avoided using too strong a detergent when washing it. Autoglym was also good, but I preferred Mer as you can apply it to a wet car.

-- r

Sorry, I mistook the gist of this thread, as I've hardly ever cleaned a car, let alone polished one - I meant Waxoyl.

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Yes, but what about wax? If you polish, but don't wax, the paint will re-oxide really quickly? What wax do you recomend.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

If you mean wax top coat after polish, meguiares, autoglym, or mer are pretty good. If you mean cavity wax/underseal, gently warmed waxoyl applied with a pressure sprayer, Dinitrol either in aerosol or from a sprayer, Ankhor Wax from Morris with a sprayer, and I think Loctite do a spray on anti- corossion wax too.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2