WELDING

Big Thanks to all

If i do get good at welding with this the only popular thing i would enjoy is the pint down the pub afterwards....

Cross my palm anyone

Reply to
Capstick

My personal favourite was RWD car bonnets.

Reply to
Conor

If you can't work out which from the Coupe and £28k tag then I feel for you.

DEpends on what it is and how good it is.

Reply to
Conor

Conor gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Since the P1800 was a very different car to the Amazon, and there wasn't an Amazon coupe... A P1800 is a lot less of "an Amazon coupe" than a Crapi is a "Cortina coupe" - and I'm sure you'd get stroppy if anybody referred to your Crapi as a Cortina. Still, you're the one that's apparently restored £28k- worth - not that I'm actually sure yet whether you're referring to a 2-door Amazon or a P1800. Perhaps you don't know?

The only way either would be worth anything NEAR £28k is if it was the same P1800 used by Roger Moore for the Saint.

I'm sure Tony Barrett could easily come up with a pricetag way over £28k, though, for a very competitive historic-rally Amazon rebuild.

Go on, then..... Explain how this Amazon or P1800 that you supposedly patched up is worth 5 times the guide Condition 1 price?

So - P1800ES - is that an Amazon estate, then?

Reply to
Adrian

I haven't restored one. A bloke on the TV had though.

I don't know, I didn't value it.

Reply to
Conor

Conor (conor snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

But which was it?

Oh, well, there we go, then.

Conor saw it on tv, so it MUST be right. FFS.

Reply to
Adrian

More of an escort coupe really, strut front suspension, leaf rear.

I've tried welding to rust many times and all I get is splatter and = holes.....

Paul

Reply to
Paul Laidlaw