What car post (again i hear you all cry) ok what Motability car

Lol. The Zafiras were a practical choice. The Toyota is a big improvement on the Zaf. The Elch-Klasse is needs where needs must.

I currently don't own a car I enjoy driving. That will change in time.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tim S Kemp ( snipped-for-privacy@timkemp.karoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Mmm-hmmm...

Did Sir get forced to empty his wallet by the nasty car salesman? Awww...

Yeh, another Volvo, eh? Or maybe something exciting, like another Rover? Beige? (My mother had an 820e in "Oyster". Bollocks. It was BEIGE.)

Oooh, suits you, Sir.

You do know how to live life on the edge, don't you?

Reply to
Adrian

Sir got pursuaded to change his driving habits by sir's own cashflow and sir's accountant.

Citroen. Maybe an XM is more exciting than a five cylinder turbocharged 20V

160 mph volvo. Or maybe I'm missing something here.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hence the "(should)" above...

There are some horror stories regarding dealers, especially once they learn you are planning to get your next car elsewhere.

Alistair J Murray

That's one of the reasons the inspections are now done by the RAC - dixons tried to screw us last time by putting in a failed inspection report.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Tim S Kemp ( snipped-for-privacy@timkemp.karoo.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I know that feeling.

That's why I don't own anything even remotely new-ish.

Hell, yes. Every journey's an adventure. Will I get there? Will I need this binbag to collect the bits that fall off?

Sir wants "excitement" on the road, Sir needs to borrow a VeloSolex. Brings a whole new meaning to "dicing with death".

Reply to
Adrian
[...]

That's a big improvement. Abuse of the return inspection seems to have been widespread in the past.

Still glad I bought an ol' Merc instead. :)

Alistair J Murray

The message from "Tim S Kemp" contains these words:

Friend of mine has a Motability Astra. Loves the car, hates the dealers who frequently leave her stranded without a car for several days at a time.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from Adrian contains these words:

Better than a white Marina with the brown interior. Felt like sitting in a soiled nappy.

Reply to
Guy King

Trick we learned second time is to go to a remote small country dealer - they are always happier to receive your business and will collect and return cars, leaving you one behind.

We've been without our Zafira a few times this time, always replaced with something we can actually get the wheelchair in (Avensis or Vectra) and not the usual Corsa that Dixons were in the habit of giving us if we were booked in with 6 wks notice.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

But sir still thrashes the new, more economical car about everywhere, most getting 35mpg when 45mpg would be realistically possible? And sir says he's changed his driving habits? :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:36:39 -0000, "Pete M" said

Mum has a motability Focus - it's great for town driving and short motorway hops. The only thing I would say is that the one time she's taken it on a longer trip (down mostly A roads), the ride was so awful that not only was her passenger travelsick, so was she - she's never been ill driving before.

Reply to
Snowleopard