What mileage?

What is the limit between a decent car and the banger? When I asked We Buy Any Car, they didn'y want the buy any car over 100k!

However, my previous saab 9000 went smooth and well when I sold it at

280,000. The problem wasn't the engine, but but things like the screen washer bottle, and the ceiling lining which dropped to coupe level.
Reply to
johannes

well mercs are only just run in at 100k ...

Reply to
Jimbo /p

A combination of mileage, age and book value?

Reply to
alan_m

200,000 miles should be the new 100,000 miles 200bhp should be the new 100bhp
Reply to
johannes

Their website claims they will give £200 for a 10 yo Clio with over

100,000 miles, 5 owners, some service history, assuming no damage.
Reply to
Nick Finnigan

Wait till they arrive to find out the actual offer. Many scrap places will pay over 200 for anything driven in. WBAC offered 90 quid for my sister's 2000my diesel vectra about 8 years ago, and that would have been less their admin charge of 50 quid. She is still driving it.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

I was going to say that; I think scrap prices are down a bit, but I got £200 for an Astra Estate from a proper scrap metal yard a few years ago. It looked as if they did a bit of breaking on site to add to their profit (they had plenty of space), but I'm pretty sure they priced it on weight.

Reply to
newshound