What tires to pick up?

What tires would you choose from the following list in 185/60/14H:

Bridgestone Turanza RE300 60,30?/u. - 241,20?

Michelin Energy E3A 67,30?/u. - 269,20?

Pirelli P5000 Drago 46,30?/u. - 185,20?

Dunlop ?SP Sport 01? 60,30?/u. - 241,20? (I could have mistook the exact model)

Thank you!

Reply to
SMTP

This is UK.rec.cars.maintenance, so most people will be used to dealing in sterling. It may be sensible to indicate which currency you're thinking of.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

I would choose Michelin, but I like my safety and long tyre life, some people always buy the cheapest, some read all the reviews and buy the one the reviewer likes (has been paid to praise)

It really is an impossible question, but I do know that Michelins work very well.

Mrcheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

I have these on my company car - they're not bad at all, a little soft and quick wearing, though.

I have Dunlop SP200s on my Alfa 75, but they're on the front, which doesn't do much on a 75 other than point the nose vaguely in the right direction. They've lasted so well, they've gone off due to age rather than wearing out.

In that size, you have a whole host of choices - I'd tend to buy Pirelli P6000s for everyday use, however, if I wanted a performance tyre, I'd been looking at Yoko A539s.

Reply to
SteveH

I don't know the other two brands/models, but I do know that Pirelli Dragos are excellent in the wet, good in the dry and pretty good for tyre life. I found them as good or slightly better than Continental Sport Contacts in the same size, and much better than Dunlop SPs.

Reply to
Tim Vincent

For what car type? For Summer, passenger all-year-round, GT, or Winter tyres?

Reply to
Lin Chung

The tyres I'd pick would be for my own requirements.

You have not even given us a clue as to yours...

I run my Saab on Michelin Energy E3As. Yes they *are* expensive. But they are however exceptionally quiet and long lived. Most of the car's mileage is on the motorway where subdued road noise is a plus. I don't bother with back roads any more...

Reply to
DervMan

Euros.

Reply to
SMTP

For a compact car. A 5-door passenger car and I'm looking for all-year round tires. The power transmission is on the front wheels and it's just 90HP.

Reply to
SMTP

You've just narrowed it down to, ooh, most of them.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Depends what you want. For a good all rounder, Michelin is hard to beat. Energy's have good grip, and they're hard wearing.

The turanzas are quite a hard tread, which means they're reasonably well wearing, but at the cost of noise and not quite so good grip until they've warmed up. SP Sports have fairly good grip, but wear fast.

I've not got any experience of the Pirellis though.

Reply to
moray

What you know about tyres could be written the head of a pin, fancy a carrot ?

Reply to
Fred

Fred > P6000s for everyday use, however, if I wanted a performance tyre, I'd

Sorry, I was forgetting.....

I got these dead good cheapo Korean things in the other day. Best tyres in the world, they are, and only 20 quid a corner. That's what you want, mate.

Reply to
SteveH

I thought Donkeys had a good memory?

Reply to
Fred

Well done, Fred.

You can't win an argument based on your supposedly superior knowledge of tyres, so you just start throwing around some pathetic, childish insults which totally discredit your claims to be the owner of an MOT station / tyre fitting business.

Reply to
SteveH

You're a Donkey and an argument with you is pointless. fancy a carrot?

Reply to
Fred

p5000 trust me im a tyre fitter. it depend on your car what did you say it was? iv all ways had p6000 and pzeros when i had bigger wheels

Reply to
wenborne

Trust you because you're a tyre fitter?

Reply to