When to replace a dinged windscreen?

are you being deliberately obtuse Conor? If you get it repaired it will be paid for by the insurers without affecting your excess. Nobody's saying change it! But if you don't get it repaired then the chances are it will crack then it _will_ need replacing!

FWIW the risk of stonechips is highest in summer IME when the councils are surface-dressing with chippings. YMMV.

Reply to
Chris Bolus

Most policies have a surcharge on them. £50 on mine.

The original post was about changing it. Wasn't me shifting the goalposts.

Reply to
Conor

I just found a cool graphic on

that showsexactly what happens to a windscreen chip whennthe temperature drops(don't worry - you don't need to be able to speak German to understandit!)

Reply to
fiatdriver

When I said graphic - I meant Flash animation. Run your mouse up and down the thermometer and see what happens (works in IE at any rate).

Reply to
fiatdriver

That's for replacement. They'll do a spot repair free.

Reply to
Ian Dalziel