Winter's here

Flat batteries. Runny noses. New water pumps. Numb fingers. Split hoses. Frozen toes. Flat tyres. Soakin clothes.

Reply to
Gøñzølã

Smirking Saab and Volvo drivers

--=20 Carl Robson Car PC Build starts again.

Homepage:

NeedforSwede2

I've been through half of those so far. Waterpump is still seized in the engine block though. Good design on Vauxhalls behalf, I think.

-- Snapper

If there's a new way, I'll be the first in line. But it better work this time!

Reply to
Snapper
[...]

...and anyone else with proper coolant, a decent battery and heated seats.

:)

Alistair J Murray

You want a nice, realiable Wop motor, you do.

Reply to
SteveH

Glow Plugs, Women driving into me in the snow Lack of extra-marital vehicular based activity

Reply to
Mike Riley

The message from "Gøñzølã" contains these words:

But, not a single iced up carburettor from fallen off hot air ducts!

Reply to
Guy King

I remember that...the engine never stopped on me, but it spluttered like mad. Micra with a twin-barrel sequential carb; the second barrel kept it going given enough pedal.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Carb icing.

Pinking(!)

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

Except by smirking Saab and Volvo drivers. I can even go topless with a warm arse should I choose.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

The head snapped off one of the 5 bolts when tryin to get mine out. A pair of long nosed mole grips, and a lot of cussin later, I was able to get on with fittin a new one.

Reply to
Gøñzølã

I bought a Rover cuz I like openin the bonnet 2 or 3 times a week. I'd be bored otherwise. I also have a fetish for rust.

Reply to
Gøñzølã

I haven't had a carb since my Fiesta Popular 1.1

Reply to
Gøñzølã

The message from "Gøñzølã" contains these words:

I ain't had one since I last owned a petrol engined car - and that was nearly twenty years ago.

Reply to
Guy King

Don't worry, I have enough for everyone with five on my current fleet and another three or four on the shelf.

Reply to
Willy Eckerslyke

Why new water pumps in winter? Not something I've ever noticed failing come the cold weather, unless you mean the coolant freezing?

Reply to
Chris Street

And why does traffic come to a standstill as soon as there's a dusting of snow on the ground?

Reply to
John

The message from "John" contains these words:

I don't mind it coming to a standstill half as much as I mind it sliding into the back of me at the end of the road 'cos it hasn't got the sense to brake earlier when it's slippery.

Reply to
Guy King

Because those with the foresight to pack snowchains are still stuck behind a gritter that doesn't have them trying to drive on ice.....

Reply to
Chris Street