Xantia high speed misfire

have had my 1997 Xantia 2 litre 16 valve from new, no done abound 70000 miles. It runs perfectly under normal operation, acceleration and fuel consumption perfectly ok. However, as soon as the engine speed reaches 3200 rpm it misfires badly with loss of further power irrespective of which gear it is in.

I am reluctant to take it to Citroen dealer to have it plugged into their computer if it is something obvious but at the moment have no idea what could be the cause. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Whitton

Take it to Citroen. With modern fuel injection/engine management, you can waste far more money than the test costs on unnecessarily changing parts.

Reply to
Conor

Check it for air leaks & ignition connections. Then the 15 minutes on the computers probably cheaper than the bits

Reply to
Duncan Wood