Youth of today

I needed a headlight blub for the car so I pop into the nearest car shop (Motaman in Bristol) and ask for "A bog standard H4 headlight bulb". Spotty yoof behind the counter counters with "What car is it for?". "It doesn't matter" does not seem to be proframmed into his list of acceptable responses so I have to tell him so he can look it up in his little book and pick one up from the shelf right beside him, look at it quizzically then carefully select another apparently identical H4 blub.

Wanders off shaking head.

Reply to
Malc

Welcome to the wierd and wonderful world of the Johnny No Stars. :o(

PDH

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

probably just got sacked from Mcdonalds.

Reply to
James_sutton

The scary bit - did you read the bit this week on the BBC news website about the 'mc job'? (Dead end service job)

Frightening!

Artie

Reply to
Arturo Ui

I guess the Mystery Customer, if he calls, will mark them down if they don't ask. It's like, 'Would you like help packing?', 'Do you have a Clubcard?' etc.

Reply to
Mark W

The message from "Mark W" contains these words:

Went to a restaurant a while ago where the woman was intrusively "Is everything OK"ish. If we ever go back, which might just be worth it as the food was actually rather nice, particularly the spicy parsnip soup, I'm going to explain at the outset that if anyone and I mean /anyone/ asks us if /anything/ is OK we'll leave without paying. It's SO ANNOYING.

Reply to
Guy King

We've had this problem on a few occasions, just as you get a mouthful someone comes over and asks you this, you either choke trying to reply or look like a pig talking.

number one annoyance when going out.

Reply to
James_sutton

But some places don't label them H4 - it's 472.

Reply to
Zog The Undeniable

Look sunshine, can't I have a good moan without you coming along spoiling it huh? What's the world coming to when someone spoils your rant about the poor state of the nation's youth. We didn't have rant spoilers when I was a lad, you mark my words.

Anyway the box did have H4 on it so yah boo sucks to you.

Reply to
Malc