Zafira idle problem

I recently changed the air filter on a 1.8 petrol Zafira, and ever since the idle has been poor, with the car threatening to stall, and the power pickup is very bad from idle. I have checked the vacuum pipe to the inlet manifold which appears OK. Can anyone suggest a further plan of action based on their experience?

TIA

John

Reply to
JohnW

JohnW wrote in news:5d4679ee-e48c-4083-b433- snipped-for-privacy@i6g2000yqj.googlegroups.com:

check the air filter box is properly air tight, ie. put back together properly. If you have disturbed any pipes whilst changing the filter, check one hasn't slipped off. Check pipes for cracks worsened by being disturbed.

Reply to
Tunku