Zafira Spare Cable

Hi

I have been wiring up a towbar on my 2002 2.2 Zafira and was trying to find where the trailor/caravan pre-wired supply ended up.

I found where the cable was terminated (in the passenger footwell multiplug if anyone is ever wiring one up) but also found another cable I cannot identify.

My car does not have a pre-wired trailor plug but there is a 3 way plug with a red/white cable and earth in the drivers side rear light area. The wire is a fairly meaty size which is why I thought it was the trailor power wire but there is no voltage on it.

So what does that wire do? Just idle curiosity now I got a supply to the back of the car.

Also where would I find the ALDL connector to get any fault codes out of it. It showed a fault at the weekend after starting up and mis firing so I presume the fault is logged.

Thanks for any help.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Edwards