2001 Automatic

I bought a used 2001 Miata about a month ago, 20K miles. Since many service intervals hit at 25 or 30K miles, I checked the owner's manual to see what was coming up. There was no mention of a service interval for an automatic transmission. As a matter of fact, there wasn't even a line item in the list of service items for an automatic.

Anybody heard of a service interval for an automatic in a 2001 Miata?

Thanx, Robert Scroggs

Reply to
Beth Scroggs

Check the fluid level when you get the oil changed. If you aren't having any problems with the transmission, leave it alone. Fluid and filter replacement on this transmission can lead to leakage.

This is a very sturdy automatic that can be manually shifted and held in gear without causing excessive wear or damage. I drive around town with overdrive off, and only turn it on above 40 mph. For better acceleration you can shift and hold it in 2nd gear. The tranny will downshift to 2nd when you put the "pedal to the metal." The car will do 80 mph in 2nd and works well for passing.

Enjoy!

Reply to
Larry Gadbois