2010 Miata Facelift Pics

I just came across a link to the 2010 MX5 remodel on jalopnik.com:

I think it's an improvement over the current version, which always looked a little awkward to me.

Reply to
Carbon

Ugh! Looks like they're trying to make it into a GM. Don't they give lessons in subtlety at design school any more?

Reply to
John McGaw

I think it's a deprovement, I guess taste varies?

I wish they'd improve the interior, that badly needs remodeling, at least enough so I can fit into it!

Reply to
XS11E

I quite like the look....I've always like the new Peugeots!?

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
OzOne

Reply to
Christopher Muto

What do you find wrong with the seats? I have an NC Limited Edition with the leather seat covering, and find fault only after I've treated them and slip around for a day or so untill all is completely absorbed. Even on a long trip, I find them secure and comfy.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
OzOne

I suppose they're bound to fit *someone*. But most people find the NA seats more comfortable and supportive.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I guess so. Seems like there's a little bias against the NC, Is there a reason for that or is it just that it's .... wel, newer and maybe too sophisticated for the diehards?

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
OzOne

I have to disagree, IMHO, the seats are FAR better than most all of the NB seats (universes better than my crappy 99 seats) and about as good as the NA seats. Like the NA seats, they lack little more than a bit of lumbar support. I wish somebody would start replacing some, I'd sure try to be figuring out a way to get them in my car!

Anybody tried yet? Mods?

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

unlike the na seats, they don't hold you. when you take a tight turn you slide in the seat and end up bracing yourself with the steering wheel instead of, well, steering with it. perhaps my problem is that i have not 'grown' over the years like the average american and so these seats are just too big for me but might actually have mass appeal. but theyjust don't seem like something one would expect to find in something that is marketed as a sports car.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

Hmmm, I don't find that at all and I'm certainly not large. My wife who often drives the car and is positively svelte has never complained either.

Can't help wondering if my LE seats are different shaped.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
OzOne

This thread has now sparked my interest with the mention of the svelte, non-complaining, MX-5 driving wife.

Pictures? ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

A matter of taste, I guess. I drove my NA for 15 years and find the NC's seats and interior to be far more comfortable. Only wish I hadn't been so cheap and had sprung for the version with the leather.

Reply to
John McGaw

Weird, I have the same overall feeling that Chris Muto does, and I am thinner than most of the people I interact with.

OTOH, you have OzOne, (and his wife!), who is not big, and Chris D. who is also not large, and they who both like the NC seats.

I do wonder how people with a rear end that is much larger than mine can sit comfortably in the NA seats when the seats seem like a perfect fit for me with very little room to spare.

Pat

Reply to
pws

With only about 20 miles of driving time in the NC compared to about

100,000 in the NA, it may be too early for me to judge, especially since I couldn't really push the NC the two times I drove it.

I saw a number of posts on here where it was claimed that the leather NA seats did not support you well. I have about 65,000 miles on '96 leather seats and roughly 40,000 miles in '91 cloth NA seats.

The cloth ones hold me a bit tighter than the leather ones did, but the difference is minimal. I suspect that the same is the case with the NC.

Pat

Reply to
pws

that is an interesting observation. i didn't think about the difference between cloth and leather in terms of the ability to hold the occupant. that might be what i was experiancing in the nc leather seats. never occured to me that there could be a downside to having leather.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

You betcha there's a reason for it. As my much earlier post said, I went to the dealer prepared to really like the car and found I was unable to drive it because of it's lack of comfort. Bad seats, bad accelerator postition and the killer was the drink holders in the doors that cut into my leg.

I liked the car in most ways but it's too uncomfortable for me to ever want one.

Reply to
XS11E

seats are just

marketed as a

I'm extremely close to picking up a pair of NA seats to go into my '04. While I like the additional side support, the seats are not nearly as comfortable as the ones in my '90. The front (under my knees) feels too high, the backs are too high, and I can't adjust the tilt of the back to my liking. Plus the darned things look like suede surfboards sitting in the car.

My boss just picked up a 1999 with full sport package and lots of extras. He's got cloth seats that are a couple of inches shorter than the ones in my car. Hmmmm, I wonder if he'd notice if I switched them?

Iva & Vixen

2004 Classic Red No more winkin' Miata
Reply to
Iva

Don't think I've ever seen a leather race seat!

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.

** Posted from
**
Reply to
OzOne

I don't mind...I'll pop a link up very soon.