30k tune-up

Hi everyone, I have an '01 miata that is about to hit 30K. I think it is time for a tune-up. I was wondering what should be done and what a fair price would be for this service. I am fairly mechanically inclined (can handle fluid changes, plug + wire changes etc.), can I do this service on my own? Here is what I have come up with as a list of things to do:

-plugs + wires

-coolant flush

-air filter

-oxygen sensor???

-tranny fluid???

-rear dif. fluid???

-check brakes

-brake fluid???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks, Tony

Reply to
Anthony Fazzi

The 30k service requirements should be listed in your owner's or warranty manual. It's not really a "tune up" in the classic sense.

Offhand, I'd say you can defer the diff and tranny lube until 60k, when the timing belt and a lot of other stuff come due. I wouldn't mess with an oxygen sensor that still works properly. I like changing my brake and clutch fluid annually, and coolant every other year. The other items sound right.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers