'92 Automatic, problem needs solving!!!! continued

I thank the poster who offered the idea to run injector cleaner thru the injectors. I appreciate the idea.

I drove the car tonight and what I had originally posted as a moderate unexpected rpm increase at idle (while waiting for a light change), is a bit more nepharious than I originally described. Tonight, the idle at a light was around 750 rpm (this is an automatic). For some unknown reason, the idle surged to 2,000 rpm for no apparent reason. The A/C was NOT on. I don't know if this is somehow connected to the issue of the car not starting sometime during cool down, and only occasionally at that, but it was enough rpm to have me genuinely concerned that I might hit the car in front of me as I held the brake FIRMLY in place! Still looking for someone who's had this problem and knows what it is. Any takers on the 02 speculation? Thanks again in advance for all your help!

Jay N. Beechcraft

Reply to
DaniaBCH

I have seen the message written by Bruce about a leaking injector. It it fairly easy to check if this is the case. I had a leaking one, and this is how I checked it :

From what I've read, you might have the same problem.

With kind regards,

Steven Spits

- - -