aircraft type replacement sun visor for 91 Mazda Miata?

I just bought a very nice 1991 Miata and am very pleased with it with once exception. The sun visor.

Does anyone know if a tinted plastic visor similar to those found in Cessna

172S aircraft are available? I spent 30 minutes in various on-line catalogs and found nothing.

Thanks,

Marc

Reply to
Marc CYBW

Rosen Visors is the big maker of aftermarket aviation sun visors. Since my plane didn't come with visors, we discussed with them which of their versions would be best fit to my plane.

You might try them.

Ron Natalie

I just removed mine and filled the opening with visor plugs which are made for that purpose. The plugs are available from a number of aftermarket suppliers. I use the satin finished black ones and they blend in enough that I don't notice them.

Randy

"Marc CYBW" wrote in message news:Y6%Eg.8842$Nz6.7453@edtnps82...

Reply to
BCRandy

"BCRandy" wrote in news:iC4Fg.17570$ snipped-for-privacy@bignews8.bellsouth.net:

I had the folding visors on my 1992 and found a pair of non-folding ones on Ebay for a few bucks. They seem to work much better and they fit fine.

As far as I can see, the only reason for the folding visors was to allow access to the top latches but with the non-folding type it's not a problem to just move the visor out of the way...

Reply to
XS11E