"Mazdaspeed 6 blends utility and performance"

Mazdaspeed 6 blends utility and performance Drivers who find themselves going a little out of their way to enjoy a few additional bends in the road will embrace the Mazdaspeed 6. at

Mike

today. One of them had a fairly substantial roll cage behind the seats. If I can get past claustrophobia and Kabura won't arrive are there any hardtop options for MX-5 or Mazda no longer offers those? How puncure resistant are those in an event off a rollover?

I don't go to the track, but wonder how would the car fare if I go off a steep hillside with trees, bushes and possibly rocks.

Reply to
Body Roll

Body,

This is a joke, right? Handle is Body Roll and you're asking about pitching off a near cliff? Are you looking for a qualitative or quantitative response?

Roll bars would do you just fine for the most probable catastrophes. With a hardtop, think of it as a bottle cap with your head being the bottle and the trees bushes and rocks all parts of the crimping press. Qualitatively you will at least hurt a lot, quantitatively you almost certainly will emerge shorter in stature.

Frank

p.s. The MX-5 is a ROADSTER and recasting it in any other configuration - hardtop, station wagon, woodie, compact pickup truck, snow plow, bulldozer, etc. should include a new name with the unmentioned connection up to the viewer, if they think they see one.

Reply to
frank

No car does well if it goes off a steep hillside. Didn't you ever see Toonces the Driving Cat? ;-)

Mazda still offers a hardtop and that fiberglass shell is going to shatter right off of the car in a hard rollover, but the strength of the steel roofs on many cars is overrated. You can see many of them that have caved in completely in any salvage yard.

I like having a rollbar, but a situation like this will have the same results whether or not you have a roof, rollbar, seatbelts, airbags, or whatever. No steep cliffside required. Don't worry, no blood or guts in the picture.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Hahahaha, a late night laugh. That is a pretty accurate description.....

Pat

Reply to
pws