AT Overdrive

Hello friends at rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata,

I have a '99 Miata automatic with overdrive. I would like to know if it is alright to shift in and out of OD manually instead of leaving it on all the time. If I leave OD on it seems to shift into OD too quickly.

Craig

Reply to
Craig

The automatic transmissions used in the Miatas are excellent and can be shifted through the gears without a problem. You can run to 7200 rpm in 1st,

2nd, or 3rd just like a manual transmission. The performance of the Miata really comes alive above 4000 rpm.You can decelerate coming down hill by clicking the OD off, or pulling it into 2. If shifted into 1st above 22 mph the car will stay in 2 until the speed drops to 22. While driving around town below 40 mph I do not use OD and leave it off.
Reply to
Larry Gadbois