Autocross question

Autocrossing for the first time tomorrow. Mounted a used set of Falken Azenis. Two are a bit better than the other two. Mount the two better (40% tread) front or back? Worse two probably have 20 to 25%.

Also, after researching tire pressures, sounds like somewhere between 28 and

35 psi with same front and back should work best. Suggestions?

AGX gas shocks (8 position) my reading had opinions between position 3 and position 5, generally matching positions front and rear but some recommendations say slightly softer rear is good.

Appreciate any / all input.

Chris

92 BB&T, FM sways, KYB AGX shocks
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

I'm not a guru, but I found best results on Azenises 40psi front and 35-36 psi rear on warm tires (after driving to the track, before runs). I have open differ. In general, You should start with 40/40 and adjust if You need more traction on either end. I'd put better tires on front, but it's really not big deal if track is dry.

No experience with adjustable shocks, though.

Good luck!!

Kempi '01 silver,IL

Reply to
Kempi

my azenii like higher pressures too...35+psi depending on the surface, but i usually run all 4 the same. *tons* of grip until they get really hot, which won't happen in auto-x this time of year i'd bet. i'd put the more-worn tires on the end you want to stick better.

be smoooooth...

dookie '99 sport, c-stock (fm dual, rb front sway, hdhc, azenii)

Reply to
dookie