Bad New Top

My car was recently vandalized, with a slash in the top. The liner of my new top hangs down and rests on the top of my head. My old top didn't do this. I had the body shop that did the repairs take the car back to the shop that did the top, but the car returned apparently unchanged.

Is there a fix for this sag in the liner?

Reply to
Greg Esres

Liner? Is that something new? We don' need no steenking liner!

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Maybe they installed this thing wrong.

Reply to
Greg Esres

There is no liner, everything is above the bows unless they put some fancy Mercedes type top on it. The RX-7 convertibles had a liner - could you own one of those (you post doesn't specifically mention Miata). I've never seen a replacement top with enough give to actually hang down. Usually it's just a few wrinkles here and there that the sun normally takes out as the top warms or it just needs a little tug and pull to fix. I helped a friend install a Robbins Vinyl top recently and, if anything, we were wishing there was a little more material until we actually got it on. This was in preparation to do my own (gulp).

Tom

92 Red

Greg Esres wrote:

Reply to
Tom Howlin

There is sort of half a liner on 99+ tops.

Reply to
Per K. Nielsen