Brake Lights won't work when headlights are on

I drive a 1988 C1500 recently have noticed that the blinkers were flashing quicker than usual which usually is a sign that you have a blinker out, checked them all no problem. Then I finally figured out that when my headlights are on I have no brake lights, when my headlights are off I have brake lights. Completly dazed and confused if any one can help out I would greatly appreciate it. If needed you can email me at ShawnaCDA [at] aol [dot]

com

Thanks in advance

Shawna

Reply to
Shawna via CarKB.com

I would be checking the bulbs starting in the rear. That can be a symptom of a bulb with loose glass shorting out or a filament shorting out. It is pretty common when they get old. Happened to me last week. My vehicle used GM style bulbs.

Mike

Mike Romain