Finish Line Performance Sale

Yes, it's working now. It was yielding a servr error earlier.

The fact that there are better (cheaper) sources nearby, and that Rosenthal has had a poor reputation for decades.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Perhaps as a car dealer. But they absorbed Finish Line Performance, the premier Miata parts house, and it's still run by Tommy Grimes, the most knowledgeable Miata parts expert in the business (and a former partner in PBC). PBC may be a few pennies cheaper on some items, but no one is better than Tommy. His customer service is legendary.

Nothing against PBC--I've bought stuff from them, too, and they're a fine vendor--but I can't sit on my hands when Tommy's reputation is at question.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Ditto that. It has been a while since I have ordered any parts, I didn't realize that finish line performance was part of Rosenthal now, but I spoke to and e-mailed Tommy Grimes a number of times and he was always very helpful.

Ditto on PBC as well, nothing bad to say about them at all. In fact, all of the 6 or so vendors that I have ordered miata parts from have been good experiences.

Pat

Reply to
pws

That's good news about Finish Line. I was not intending to impugn Grimes in any way. Let's hope he can maintain the quality of his goods and services from within the Rosenthal empire.

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

"Lanny Chambers" wrote

And it seems Tommy has outlasted his former employer. PBC is now service only and no longer sells Miata parts and doodads. See

I won't let anyone but Joey at PBC touch my Miata, Marshall at Trussville and Tommy at Finish Line/Rosenthal are the parts guys to go to.

Reply to
Ken Lyons