Got a Mazda 3 or CX-7 on order? There may be a slight delay

From my local list. 4700 Mazdas, probably underwater. The insurance companies must be going nuts.

At least there were no reported casualties of humans or miatas. :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

No prob; Everyone here knows that White Miatas "walk on water" !!!!

2K6 Nordic Green GT (and lovin' every minute of it)
Reply to
Remove This

If the tiedowns are holding, some cars are certainly underwater, but it's possible that most will just be a bit messy from spilled fluids.

OK, a lot messy. So far, the ship isn't in apparent danger of sinking or running aground. With luck, salvers will be able to right the ship and tow it to port. Then the damage can be assessed. I doubt anyone is keen on entering a hold at present.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

The article says that the cargo ship is not in danger of sinking, and the salvage ship is only 7 days away....

How much damage could sitting under saltwater for 8 or more days do to a vehicle anyway? ;-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

Hmmm, how about we ask the folks down in New Orleans?

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Yikes!

At least no MX-5s were involved. That would be a shame..

Reply to
Fabiano

Plenty.......you want pictures?

Reply to
BAK

Don't be silly. You think Mazda is going to entrust *White Miatas* to a captain whose competence they are not fully convinced of?

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Well, It's possible MX5's were involved. The released figures only account for 90% of the vehicles onboard. The rest (10%) is possibly the period allotment of "special orders", maybe?

I know White MX5's were heavily in demand, allegedly because of a few newsgroup "overloads".. The mind is a funny thing. There's an understatement!

Reply to
Remove This

I used to live in New Orleans at 7th and Constance. Our old house (1902) was not flooded but plenty of places that we know were flooded. I have seen some photos but if you have URL's with their locations, I would like to know about them.

Thanks

Reply to
Thomas Misek

Just off the top of my head I remember

should keep you busy for a while. The thing is, pictures just don't show it like seeing it in person. After one year there are many LARGE areas that look like the week after the storm. It still amazes me, and I live here (fortunately on the west bank).

Reply to
BAK

We were in Gulfport last December, and the Katrina destruction there was still highly evident; we drove into NO for a day trip, exiting I-10 into the city was like driving into an abandoned movie set. It was stunning. We drove for blocks before finding an area with electricity; there, we saw people leading what looked like fairly normal lives - still surrounded by a lot of debris and destruction.

Dana

Reply to
Dana H. Myers