Hardtop: Do you need primer first?

Miata '91:

I have some blistering in the paint on the hardtop in the back, below the window. I've seen this on other Miatas that have worn or faded paint. I have using the paint touchup directly to the exposed spots. Should I be first applying a primer, then paint touchup. I am talking about spots no bigger than the eraser on a pencil.

Reply to
Pat

chuckk