Heater hose....

Was on my way to a job site today in my "new" '95. About two miles from my destination I noticed the AC suddenly go warm. Checked the gauges and noticed the temp climbing. Drove about a 1/2 mile on HOT. (There was NO place to stop for help......deserted area next to refinery) Quick look under the hood and saw a heater hose had sprung a leak. Fortunately I was able to make it home with many stops to refill the radiator. Seems to be running fine after changing the hose. Any possible additional problems I should be looking for after running hot? TIA

Reply to
BAK

The usual cause of leaking heater hoses is oil dripping on them from a bad O-ring at the cam angle sensor. It's an easy fix, and you'll want to do it before it ruins your new hoses too. See the miata.net Garage section for instructions.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers