Help Requested 1990 miata

Good afternoon everyone...Purchased a 1990 6,500 miles yes that is correct

65 hundred that was left abused for 2.5 years....prev owner left it out in the rain without a rear window...the rain filled the passenger compartment with 4 inches of water....ruining a lot... including the computer ..sigh...I have the new puter on the way...have replaced the fuel pump, plugs, fuel filter so we'll see if that clears the "check engine" light. keep your fingers crossed everyone please. Where can I find new carpet or should I just replace the backing/padding...also how do I get the radio code ? keeps flashing code on the screen and the prev owner is clueless as to what it is.
Reply to
jeffrey

Good luck with all your repairs. As for the radio code, see

Jim

Reply to
Jim

is correct

left it out in

compartment

computer

fuel pump,

engine" light.

carpet or

the radio

clueless as

First of all, welcome to Miata ownership! Once you get your car on the road, you'll have sore face muscles from smiling so much.

Try

for used parts. They can usually get them to you in a couple days or so. Or there's always e-bay motors. I know a couple of folks who've found complete interiors on e-bay. And make sure to check out
for all things Miata!

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

I'd be interested in the story behind that one. I mean, what would cause someone to retire or abuse any car after such short mileage?

Good luck, and may your final new roadster be a gem!

DonB

Reply to
DonB

is there a deadrow for such owners ??

Good luck with the repairs..... And dont forget to post some pics!

Tommy '91 BRG n°41

Reply to
dingo

If you take the VIN number to a Dealer they will be able to get the radio code for you. Also, someone may have written the code number in an obscure place (like the instruction book!)

Reply to
Larry Gadbois

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:14:28 GMT, "Larry Gadbois" wrote in news:EuJyc.24234$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

As Jim has pointed out, there is no panic required when the radio code is lost. There are simple instructions on how to fix this on miata.net

Dave Null Sr.