I need to buy a timing light - any suggestions

I need a timing light.

Does the miata present any problems or can I just go to pep boys and buy the cheapest one.

Does the fact that the battery is in the trunk make any difference?

ANy advice would be great. Manny Moe and Jack already think Im an idiot - so preventing further smears on my character would be very helpful.

Thanks

Greg

Reply to
Greg

I guess that's OK if you don't have a Wal-Mart. No need to spend more than $25 (mine was $20 after rebate). Any light with inductive pickup will do. You won't use it often.

No. There's a 12V source under the hood for diagnostic instruments. In M1s, it's a blue connector behind the left headlight. Ground anywhere.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Avoid the ones with a knob to dial in a retard. It will probably set itself at 60 degrees, and you will waste the entire day figuring out where your timing marks are.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen