JRSC and stock STB on '02 SE: follow-up

So, I've successfully re-installed the STB on my '02. Dan Blomgren provided a lot of inspiration. I ground out relief in the left-hand side of the STB for both the bypass-actuator and the outlet manifold, and raised the STB on the brackets using a short stack of washers (entirely as described by Dan).

While the JRSC does tease the hood, it's at the front of the outlet manifold where the hood curves down; there's plenty of clearance between the STB, even raised about 1cm, and the hood. Clearances were checked using plastic modeling clay and I made an effort to rock the motor a fair bit.

I'm sure I've weakened the STB but I doubt it sees enough stress for that to make a difference. For what it's worth, the car feels subjectively tighter- handling again, though this could be my imagination.

Thanks to all that offered advice and helped out, especially Dan.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

That imagination can be a great thing but you know you're not imagining that the engine bay looks cooler with the STB ;-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

Heh. Heavens no, not the stock STB, plain-Jane steel painted black. Now, if someone made a billet aluminum one that fit in there with the brake assist drum and cruise control, now that would look cool...

Reply to
Dana Myers