WI port present on JRSC dummy throttle body?

So, I installed a 6 psi JRSC kit in October on my '02 SE. I've been thinking about water-injection, and I noticed there appears to be a pre-drilled, tapped port on the dummy throttle body from JRSC in exactly the right place for the mist nozzle. Anyone have experience with this? (I've emailed SSCOR and Oscar@JR, too).

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Do You have stock clutch and cooling system? How does it work with JR supercharger?

Best regards, Kempi '01 silverfish,IL

Reply to
Kempi

At 6psi, the stock clutch and cooling are fine for me. No problem with the engine over-heating, but I can't say I've driven it hard on a hot summer day (yet).

I now believe I know the answer to the port on the dummy throttle body; JR recommends mounting the pressure switch in that hole (apparently it's too large a hole for the mister nozzle).

Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Thank You. Do You enjoy the supercharger? Does it feel like more power or A LOT more? I consider s-charger vs turbo FM II. S-ch works from lower RPMs and doesn't require replacing clutch and cooling system, but what if I it wouldn't be enough for me? I already use mostly 3,5-6k rpms during everyday driving (yeah, got supervisions for speed). Since You're looking for intercooler sounds like S-ch isn't enough for You either. I'm just afraid of costs of turbo + clutch + cooling. Don't You live somewhere arround Midwest, by accident?

Best regards, Kempi '01 silverfish,IL

Reply to
Kempi

Yes.

Um, it's a lot to me but that's pretty subjective.

Sure. The FMII kit will produce more power but it's a fair bit more expensive and, from reading the directions, quite a bit more work to install. It's also not smog-legal in California for my 2002.

I don't know what to say. I don't know what's enough for you. I mean, the car at 6 psi s/c boost is quite strong and still quite balanced. Sure, more is better but I'd rather not unduly impact the reliability and exceptional balance of the car.

Well, I used to pretty much drive my Miata like it was stolen, revving to 6500+ RPM all the time. Now I'm easier on the RPMs most of the time since the car pulls harder at lower RPMs.

No, that's not it. I'm looking to enhance the performance of the existing system in an incremental way. I might see a little more top-end power but I doubt I'll feel it, but I'm looking reduce the tendency to ping so the ECU will retard ignition less with an associated improvement in low-mid torque/throttle response. I like what I have and I'm tuning it to make it better.

Yeah, it's expensive.

Nope, and it's on purpose. I live just to the east of Napa Valley in California.

Enjoy, Dana

Reply to
Dana Myers

Thanks again for prompt and extensive response!

I'm happy living outside of California (emission-wise at least). The test in Illinois is pretty like - Your "Check engine" light doesn't come - You passed!

The problem in choice between S-Ch and turbo - Once You get s-ch there's no many ways to upgrade (I mean significantly). With turbo - You might be forced to expensive upgrades (clutch, braces, cooling, exhaust etc...). I love my Miata like it is. Handling covers any power lack. But these cravingssss... Meanwhile, I'm looking forward next autocross season. On sunday I'm going to start Snowboard time - snow drifting will happen!!

Best wishes, Kempi '01 silverfish,IL

Reply to
Kempi