Looking to buy 1991 1.8 liter turbo miata

I have a chance to buy the following car. It has fairly high miles, but almost every mod has been done in the last 1 to 2 years, with the engine and turbo being done this summer, and the car is in great condition, a couple of dings and small scratches, no accidents. It feels better to drive than any miata I have driven so far. He has receipts for all of the parts and 3000 mile oil changes with Mobile 1, and he has done most of the labor himself. By the looks of the installation, he obviously knows what he is doing when building a car. So the questions is, what sort of price range should I offer as a final high offer?

Thanks,

Pat

1991 Mazda Miata (red) Hard Dog Hardcore Double Diagonal with pad/cover SSR Competition (Type C) 16x7" lightweight wheels New Sumitomo HTR+ tires (215/40)

'94 1.8L bottom end (8.8:1 compression) (recent seals, belts) '99 head & intake manifold (valve job ~10,000 miles ago) ARP head studs ACT Extreme clutch Flyin' Miata/Fidanza lighthweight flywheel '99 Torsen differential (4.3:1), '00 axles & driveshaft Flyin' Miata aluminum radiator Coolant reroute to exit at rear of head Mazdaspeed motor mounts Linearized temp gauge, tach modified for quicker response No AC, no PS

Tec3 ECU with latest software running full sequential P2-366 laptop & AC power inverter available if desired Momo steering wheel

5 point harnesses in addition to factory belts CD player & headrest speakers Boost (in eyeball vent) & EGT (below stereo) gauges

Garrett ball bearing GT2871R turbo w/ ATP turbo T3 .86 A/R exhaust housing Tial 40mm external wastegate w/ .4 bar spring ETD Racing "shorty" turbo header Custom downpipe by Corky Bell w/ flex sections & wastegate joined in at Cat Racing Mazda 3" high flow cat, bolt-in Enthuza Racing 3" single outlet turbo exhaust

18"x8"x3" bar & plate intercooler from Bell Intercoolers Silicone hose couplings, T-bolt clamps Vishnu dual feed fuel rail RC 550cc/min injectors

Racing Beat front & rear swaybars Racing Beat front swaybar & under engine braces Flyin' Miata rear suspension brace Flyin' Miata front shock tower brace & hood prop Flyin' Miata poly bushings KYB AGX adjustable shocks Ground Control coilover sleeve kit Flyin' Miata stainless steel brake & clutch lines

Top is several years old, window has some scratches that will probably buff out, no yellowing to the plastic Front lip spolier

Also Included but not installed Flyin' Miata blowoff valve Solenoids for electronic boost control

Reply to
pws
10k to 12k

But it's just my opinion!

Reply to
Larry Gadbois

I have him down considerably lower than that. I think that I am going to go for it. I never imagined myself with a turbo or a red miata, but this one really put a smile on my face.

Pat

Reply to
pws

keep us posted, it sounds like a serious car. If you trust the workmanship, modified cars can be quite a bargain, seems mods add as much risk for the buyer, to offset thier cost. In other words you get 'um for free!

Good luck, Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo