Miata and Lojack

Do you have a Lojack system installed, and does it drain your battery in a short period (days in winter, week or so in summer?) Is there a quick way to disonnect the Lojack? (I'd have to have a mechanic do it, I can't get on my knees, and left hand is headed south rapidly.)

TYIA

Reply to
Bill

Lojack can't be disconnected - had them on 3 Corvettes and it is a constant drain. However, if your electrical system is up to snuff (battery, alternator) the simple act of driving should keep your battery sufficiently charged. Some of my cars sat as long as three weeks without being started and there was no problem. No, these weren't new Corvettes - 64, 69, and 76 with original electrical systems. I'd start looking for another source of drain if you can, or take it to a reputable shop. Be aware that attempting to find electrical gremlins can be time consuming (translates to very expensive) and frustrating. A Battery Tender (brand name) wired directly to your battery in the trunk and left plugged in when the car is parked will work wonders for a LOT less money and aggravation. Good Luck.

Reply to
John Carpenter

Bill wrote on 08/21/06 15:53:

The Lojack in my Miata doesn't drain the battery. My guess is that you have a problem somewhere else.

-Joe

Reply to
Joe Feise