Miata Full Front Mask

Can anyone share their thoughts about the Miata-brand full front mask for the newer Miatas? I've read a few brief reviews on

which would indicate that Miata is the best-fitting brand.

I'd specifically like to know whether the front bumper portion of the mask easily clears the front license plate bracket (the 2003 accessory brochure photo shows the mask without a front licence plate holder - of course).

Also, must you remove the mask in order to open the hood?

Thanks!

Alan '03 SE

Reply to
AlanRab

Frederick Potts

No, I have never used one before, but my '03 has only 1,000 miles on it and already has several paint chips on the bumber and hood, despite trying to be "careful" about it. I assume that's the nature of the beast, with a low-slung front end. The dealer I spoke to warned me that I'd have to remove the mask when washing the car. Would the car get a "scrub ring" even with that precaution (taking it off while car washing?). Must it be a choice between paint chips or "bra rash?"

Reply to
AlanRab

Reply to
Frederick Potts

I find driving farther behind the car in front of you helps a lot, though that may be quite impossible in congested traffic.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

Thanks guys. I think I'll "hit the bottle" (of touch-up paint) and see how that goes, instead of the mask, for now at least. Guess I gotta experiment with my touch-up-painting technique. As far as congested traffic, we have none here in Wyoming, but I will try to keep far behind the cars in front of me on the Interstates.

Alan '03 SE

Reply to
AlanRab