mx6 shaking after 80k's

My car starts shaking after about 80 km/hr and seems to be getting worse. I currently need new tires and they don't match because they got slashed and didn't replace them with new ones but I don't hink that's just it. Not sure though. What happens is the cars sways a bit but mostly the steering wheel starts shaking like crazy and i don'r want to drive it over 80. Has this happened to any of you before and any ideas what might be wrong?

Reply to
janed

Sure sounds like tires to me. Why don't you think it's tires?

Here's an idea: You need new tires, so get new tires. That will tell you if it's tires or not. The next guess is a bent wheel. If it's a bent wheel, the guy balancing the new tires will tell you.

Reply to
Grant Edwards

sounds like you need a good alignment.

Reply to