My new Miata alarm

This one only works at home. It is an external device that weighs 125 pounds and does not fit in the car while it is being driven.

I call it the "Chew Your Ass/Should Have Picked Another Miata" series...... :-)

Pat

Reply to
pws

A college friend owned a Sprite. His Doberman had claimed the passenger seat as its lair. He could park the car anywhere, top down, with absolute certainty everything would still be there when he got back.

I had another friend with a Saab 93 wagon. Its paint scheme was spraycan camo. A semi-tame wolf lived in the back. No worries there, either.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Why? My dalmation sits prodly on the passenger's seat, head above the dashboard, proud as can be. Loving the attention she gets from the girls we pass. :-)

bill

Reply to
Bill Gunshannon

This one is not mine, just a friend.....

There really isn't room for him in the passenger seat, and that giant head could seriously limit my visibility even if he did manage to squeeze in and sit still. :-)

Not sure what the size limit is on a dog in a Miata. A friend's 60 to 70 pound black lab had a pretty tight fit, but putting a pad in the foot well area would have helped a lot.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Heh, this is a Mastiff, some type of African breed. Now I have an African dog and an African Tortoise living with me. The tortoise will one day be larger than the dog, but for now she is still a nifty toy to chew on if they are not kept apart.

Pat

Reply to
pws

a teenager i mentor used to drive his dog around without incident for months until one day said dog decided to jump out the window of the car while in transit. the spaniel mix, not a particularly aerodynamic dog, went straight down and was crushed under the back wheel and died within minutes. should this teenager get another dog, dog will be on leash attached to interior (and not long enough to allow dog to jump out and dangle there either).

-------- "any words spelled incorrectly are probably typing errors"

Reply to
barry

Sorry to hear about that. Check this site out. Money well spent, imo.

Pat

Reply to
pws

Actually, they make a safety-belt harness for dogs and it is recommended by groups like The ASPCA. They don't have to jump out the window to be a problem or get hurt. If loose and not under control they can distract the driver at the wrong time or become an uncontrolled missle in an accident.

bill

Reply to
Bill Gunshannon

Man, that's a nice looking dog. Too bad he's too big to ride; he'd love to stick his face out in the wind, I bet. My ginger-colored miniature poodle Henry always likes a ride with the top down; he has to stand tiptoe on the seat for his head to reach out the side window.

He's named after Henry Miller, by the way.

yrs jp

Reply to
johnny p.

Thanks, he is just a roommate, but he is pretty cool.

With those floppy lips, I would probably get a slobber shower every time. :-)

Ha!

Excellent! Any pics of him zipping around in the Miata passenger seat?

Pat

Reply to
pws