Looking for replacement rearviewmirror

Someone kicked off my right rearview mirror yesterday, so I'm looking for a replacement. Since I've got an imported Miata I'd like to replace it with an original 'Objects in mirror are closer than they appear' mirror. The ones I can buy in Europe don't have that text.

Can someone help me out and send me a Crystal White right rearview mirror with the engraving on? I'm sure we'll find a way to get the appropriate amount of money over to the US...

Jeroen Feelders The Hague - The Netherlands (Europe)

-- The Silver Striped 91B Crystal White Miata -

MX-5 Club of the Netherlands Technical and Websitecommission Member - Meguiar's Clinics

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Try ebay. I got a silver mirror for my 2000 with the electronics in it and everything after a huge piece of debris (still don't know what it was) flew off a truck in front of me and hit my passenger side mirror and gouged it all up. It was $30 if I remember right.

Reply to
Scott Streeter

You obviously want to be an informed Dutchman. You could add a NB visor with a tasteful yellow sticker telling you to put children in the rear seat for that additional nugget of essential knowledge you might have missed.

The idea to get one from e-Bay seems like a good one. New ones are no doubt going to be very expensive. Let me know if I can help with anything. We "Dutch" must help each other, especially since most of us are unaware that objects in convex mirrors are closer than they appear.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

"Jeroen Feelders" wrote in news:4533b77d$0$4526$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl:

New ones are here:

Used ones are on ebay but in varying condition and those that are perfect will be very close in price, I know, I've been looking.....

Reply to
XS11E

But since the Dutch are the tallest people in the world, the rest of us driving in the Netherlands should have mirrors which say "Caution: people are further away than they appear."

Touristy though it is, I'd like to be in 't Goude Hooft right now, drinking an Affligem Dubbel! 8;)

-- Larry

Reply to
pltrgyst

Thanks for your replies. I've been looking around on Trussville and GoMiata. I'll wait and compare their prices. eBay didn't bring me Crystal White ones. I might find other colors (especially red ones) over here in the Netherlands.

I specifically want to replace them for Miata-mirrors since that little text just adds a little bit more originality. Every time someone rides with me, they notice the engraving since european cars don't come/came with them. For you guys it might be plain and stupid, over here it's kinda cool... :)

By the way, did stock 1991 Miatas come with both mirrors engraved? My Miata came with the passengers side engraved only.

Thanks,

Jeroen

"Jeroen Feelders" schreef in bericht news:4533b77d$0$4526$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl... | Someone kicked off my right rearview mirror yesterday, so I'm looking for a | replacement. Since I've got an imported Miata I'd like to replace it with an | original 'Objects in mirror are closer than they appear' mirror. The ones I | can buy in Europe don't have that text. | | Can someone help me out and send me a Crystal White right rearview mirror | with the engraving on? I'm sure we'll find a way to get the appropriate | amount of money over to the US... | | Jeroen Feelders | The Hague - The Netherlands (Europe) | | -- | The Silver Striped 91B Crystal White Miata -

| Mazda MX-5 Club of the Netherlands Technical and Websitecommission Member - | Meguiar's Clinics | -- | |

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Well, my '90 has the writing on the passenger side only.

Just one more thing to make the car unique. ;-)

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Hi Jeroen, The white 1990 model that I took these mirrors off of only have the writing on the passenger side mirror. They were re-painted badly, and you can see from the first picture why I did not sell them.

The mirror itself, however, is in excellent shape. Replacing the mirror glass part on a unit that you buy there could be an option, and I would want very little for this, pretty much a dollar or two for my time at the most plus actual shipping costs. Otherwise, I might just hang it on the wall. ;-)

Good luck!

Pat

Reply to
pws

pws wrote in news:cpdZg.3169$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com:

Hmmmm.... should be "Objects in the mirror are bigger than they appear".... that's what I have written on the mirror over my bed.

Reply to
XS11E

Hi Pat,

That might be an interesting option... I'll have to call some garages around here to see if they've got a regular one. I'll let you know.

Jeroen

"pws" schreef in bericht news:cpdZg.3169$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com... | Jeroen Feelders wrote: | > Thanks for your replies. I've been looking around on Trussville and GoMiata. | > I'll wait and compare their prices. eBay didn't bring me Crystal White ones. | > I might find other colors (especially red ones) over here in the | > Netherlands. | >

| > I specifically want to replace them for Miata-mirrors since that little text | > just adds a little bit more originality. Every time someone rides with me, | > they notice the engraving since european cars don't come/came with them. For | > you guys it might be plain and stupid, over here it's kinda cool... :) | >

| > By the way, did stock 1991 Miatas come with both mirrors engraved? My Miata | > came with the passengers side engraved only. | >

| > Thanks, | >

| > Jeroen | | Hi Jeroen, | The white 1990 model that I took these mirrors off of only have the | writing on the passenger side mirror. They were re-painted badly, and | you can see from the first picture why I did not sell them. | | The mirror itself, however, is in excellent shape. Replacing the mirror | glass part on a unit that you buy there could be an option, and I would | want very little for this, pretty much a dollar or two for my time at | the most plus actual shipping costs. | Otherwise, I might just hang it on the wall. ;-) | |

| | Good luck! | | Pat

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

Jeroen, I like your web site despite that fact that I can not understand a single word on it. Did I see a picture of your windshield being polished? I have a terrible windshield that I have been thinking about replacing, but if there is a way to polish it to remove all the pitting that would be preferable. If that was a polish service I would love to know what it is called and what machine was used. Many thanks.

Reply to
Christopher Muto

That's correct. I ploshed my windshield at a dutch company called GlasGarage. They use the machine called Lucy that polishes 8 micrometer from the windshield. I did mine to remove a worn in wiper-track successfully. Not all cracks and chips from stones and debris can be removes for the fact that their 'scars' go deeper.

I don't know if there are any shops in the USA that deliver such a service...

Jeroen

| > That might be an interesting option... I'll have to call some garages | > around | > here to see if they've got a regular one. I'll let you know. | >

| > Jeroen | >

| > "pws" schreef in bericht | > news:cpdZg.3169$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.texas.rr.com... | > | Jeroen Feelders wrote: | > | > Thanks for your replies. I've been looking around on Trussville and | > GoMiata. | > | > I'll wait and compare their prices. eBay didn't bring me Crystal White | > ones. | > | > I might find other colors (especially red ones) over here in the | > | > Netherlands. | > | >

| > | > Jeroen | > | | > | Hi Jeroen, | > | The white 1990 model that I took these mirrors off of only have the | > | writing on the passenger side mirror. They were re-painted badly, and | > | you can see from the first picture why I did not sell them. | > | | > | The mirror itself, however, is in excellent shape. Replacing the mirror | > | glass part on a unit that you buy there could be an option, and I would | > | want very little for this, pretty much a dollar or two for my time at | > | the most plus actual shipping costs. | > | Otherwise, I might just hang it on the wall. ;-) | > | | > |

| > |
| > |

| |

Reply to
Jeroen Feelders

"Jeroen Feelders" wrote in news:453557ee$0$328$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl:

The drivers side mirror is flat. Objects should be exactly where they appear to be on that side, so no engraving. Only the passenger side mirror is "magnified". It's almost surprising that the lawyers here, west of the pond, haven't gotten them to engrave the drivers side mirrors with warnings that objects in the mirror are NOT closer than they appear!

-Scott

Reply to
Scott Hughes

Well, I'm going to have to look for one - Belle's 16-year old windshield is all nicked and pitted on the outside.

Either that or find some vandal to break it so my insurance will cover a new one.

The only problem with *that* scenario is the vandal probably wouldn't stop with just breaking the windshield. :-O

Iva & Belle.) '90B Classic Red.) #3 Winkin' Miata

Reply to
Iva

Scott,

My drivers side mirror is engraved, "White cars appear to be getting smaller" :-) Hee, hee, hee. (except for Leons ! ) :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS

Reply to
BRUCE HASKIN

Sounds like we have the same problem which is down right dangerous when the sun is low in the sky. Please let me know if you find the machine and I promise to do the same. I did find that safelite (a national chain) has a replacement windshield for as low as $210 (plus possible $45 gasket?) at some locations. Their web site offers an instant quote so you can find a location that has a good price (ie this same windshield costs over $150 more in the metro area than in a nearby vacation community).

Reply to
Christopher Muto

You should be paying attention to the road in front of you with the white Miata instead of trying to catch up with your reading assignment in your mirror. A pedestrian may have been wise enough to let the white Miata pass, but may feel a red one should be able to stop in time.

Leon

Reply to
Leon van Dommelen

"Objects in mirror over bed are larger than they appear"

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Hahaha, that's for sure!!! :)

Gotta have that one!

"Lanny Chambers" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@newsclstr02.news.prodigy.com... | snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (BRUCE HASKIN) wrote: | | >Scott, | >

| >My drivers side mirror is engraved, "White cars appear to be getting | >smaller" :-) | | "Objects in mirror over bed are larger than they appear" | | -- | Lanny Chambers | '94C, St. Louis |

Jeroen Feelders