Q: Buying new Brakes

Does anyone have experience with the

Hign performance brake kit from MiataMania - se link below:

Is it any better than the standard brakes ??

Please let me know, because my brakes really needs to be changed.

I drive an 10th anniversary.

Best regard Christian Denmark

Reply to
Christian

Not really. The OEM brakes are very good. The stock brake pads are cheap, stop well, don't fade in street use, don't make much dust, last a long time, and don't wear out the rotors. Changing the brake fluid at least once a year makes more difference in pedal feel than stainless steel hoses. Cross-drilled rotors are just for looks.

For a lot more money, you can buy a real brake upgrade with larger rotors and lightweight calipers. They are good for track use on turbocharged Miatas, but unnecessary for the street.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers