recomendations for shocks/springs

our recently acquired 94 BRG/tan is doing a lot of bouncing... 106,000 km, doesn't look like shocks have ever been replaced... we bought it last summer from a young lady who had it from new, sold it when she married a guy with a Jag. what's the best shock for average street/touring use ? am I likely to need springs as well... as she sits right now, it's 12.75 inches front, 13.5 inches rear, from wheel centre to fender edge. if so, I'm not sure I want it lowered... I'm on the shady side of 55 and over 6 feet tall, so I don't need any more trouble falling into, and crawling out of this car... (don't get me wrong... it sure is a fun car once you're in there!)

appreciate any and all opinions.

Pete Breemhaar Georgetown, Ontario

Reply to
Pete Breemhaar

Koni Sport (a little better) or KYB AGX (a little cheaper). Nothing cheaper makes much sense.

No.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

I second Lanny's notes, I've got the KYB AGX and love their easy adjustability (you may someday want to autocross). The springs are pretty much considered to last the life of the car and are usually changed as a part of a lowering attempt. I still say if you haven't upgraded your sway bars you are missing out on the best bang for the buck! The FM sway bars TRANSFORMED the car from the stock bars IMHO.

Good luck, Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo