Roll bar for Track Day

I wanted to attend open track days and driving schools at some local tracks, but they require a roll bar to be installed. I was looking at the Hard Dog bars, and the Deuce looks the nicest, but is it allowed on the track? The Ace and Hard Core seem like they're design for more serious applications, but they are pretty ugly and partially blocks the rear view mirror. I'm open to other brands beside Hard Dog, but the ability to operate my soft top is a major consideration.

My local tracks are Laguna Seca, Infineon, and Thunderhill.

Thanks

Reply to
G. Mack

Depends on the organizers. If they require SCCA approval, you'll need one of the Hard Core series. The Sport often sneaks by with optional bracing.

Reply to
Lanny Chambers

Besides meeting the SCCA specs, there is also a Miata Spec class. It depends on what you want to do with the car. Some of the approved roll bars will allow both the soft top and the detachable Hard top to be used. The down side is that the height of the rollbar is lower.

Reply to
Chuck

You're a lucky man!

Chris

99BBB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

After farther research, it seems the Boss Frog Double Max would fit my criteria very well. It's SCCA approved, so that means it's good for track day and driving school, but not racing. Racing requires a roll cage, but I'm still too early in this sport to worry about that. It seems to be better to purchase a car already setup for Spec racing than to convert one. You would at least save on all the time and labor.

Reply to
G. Mack