Tail of the Dragon

I made the run down to Bryson City / Cherokee N.C. area in my '06 Sport taking my cousin to look for a site for her fifth-wheel camper. Advice: if you are doing something like this with a passenger, first determine their level of nervousness and susceptibility to motion sickness. While she didn't actually scream out loud or decorate my car I was expecting it more than once. Oh, and I was driving rather sedately. For me at least. And no motorcycles passed me...

Reply to
John McGaw

Same experience with the wife last summer. Early 70's 911 in front, recent Mini Cooper behind. Sadly I was stuck in the wife's Protege5 instead of the MSM, with a big nervous dog and a carload of camping gear rolling around in back. My wife was up for it; she videotaped the more spirited bits. But I could see in the mirror though that the dog was starting to look a bit anxious. I tried to imagine what day-old dog barf might smell like and pulled over and walked him around for a bit.

We hated Cherokee. We really liked Bryson City. What a difference a couple of miles makes.

Reply to
Carbon

My wife gave up on the Tail of the Dragon after 2 trips up and back w/o dramamine and one trip up and back WITH it, "didn't work" She didn't puke but she WASN'T HAVING FUN!

It WAS however, a huge blast w/o her ;-)

Chris

99BBB

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

You might have let her drive, Chris. :-)

Reply to
Lanny Chambers